Friday, August 22, 2008

Jackson's First Day of Preschool



I just have one thing to say, they grow way too fast. Jackson had his first day of preschool at Little Scholars Preschool (Avondale Academy) on Monday and he LOVED it!! Last week we had a back to school day where he was able to meet his teacher and see his classroom. His teacher's name is Mrs. Jensen and his classroom is the farm classroom. We have been trying to prepare him for it by telling him that mommy will drop him off, go home, and then pick him up a few hours later. He would always reiterate it with 'Mom you will come back and pick me up?' The



preschool has a portico which is like a drive thru so we pull up to the front door of the building and his teacher comes out to the car, gets him out of the car, and takes him inside. Then when it is time for me to pick him up she brings him out to the car and loads him in. The first day we were waiting in the line of cars and he had a huge smile on his face and was so excited. Mrs. Jensen saw us and came to the car and unloaded him. He walked right in and did not even look back at me. I lost it!!! I was so emotional the whole way home. I do have to so that those 2 hours were nice and I did accomplish a lot. When I picked him up he had the biggest smile on his face




and was so anxious to tell me everything that he did though he was a little upset that they did not get to paint. He is so big and he was more than ready for preschool and to have that structure.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

aawww sis! Danny and I were reading your blog and we got all emotional too! I can't believe he is old enough to go to preschool. He looks so happy and excited in the pics. I love the one of him getting out of the car-cool pic! I love your blog too. Yea! You did it! Love ya!

Jenny said...

Holy Cow!!! I remember when he was born!! That is so crazy that he is going off to school. It doesn't seem like it has been that long ago that you brought him in so we could see him at work (RMECA). Looks like things are going well for you and your family. Is the hubby still working at 1800 contacts?
I am going to put you on my blog list.